Visual Studio 15 what’s new:
Visual Studio 15 is new and latest release in Visual studio family whose preview have been already released. Microsoft adopted the similar strategy in VS 15 release like Windows 10 whose preview was released for users for testing purpose. Here one thing has to remember that Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 15 are different, Visual Studio 2015 is basically MS VS “14” version-wise while released in June 2014. Microsoft boost Visual Studio development in the way that Visual Studio 15 previews have been released but still improvements in Visual Studio 2015 is ongoing in the form of Update 3 of Visual Studio 15 in June 2016. In VS 15, not VS 2015 as VS 15 is basically VS 2016 have “Ethereum Solidity” language available for the developers in April 2016.
The first preview of Visual studio 15 is released in March 2016 and 3 more released by increasing number name in May, July and August 2016 respectively. Previously if you wanna install Visual Studio, you have noticed in many versions that you have to bear many things during installation that you didn’t need to install but this approach is declined in VS 15 previews. In early previews, you mostly shipped with four bundles that are .Net Desktop Development, Game Development with Unity, Python, and C++. You need only to pick that bundles that you want to install and it will boost your installation with features that you want only. While options of preview include Visual Studio Core editor that have syntax-aware code editor. This VS Core editor also includes managed and native debugging, work item management and source code control. Other than Core Editor of VS 15 is famous .Net desktop development for developing new and advanced WPF(Windows Presentation foundation), Windows Forms and console applications using MS best programming language C#. While Game Development(2D and 3D) will be third in the list of choice with Unity, oh remember of compatibility then 5.4 or higher must be there for VS 15 previews. Python is more here as C++ is now less preferred as beginning programming language so Python installation will be the 4th one. Here one thing that you must have to add is Core Editor that’s not a choice so, C++ is back as 4th option is VS 15. In the image below you can see that Editor can’t be an option of choice as without editor where the hell will you write your code, In Notepad no that’s for Java or HTML not here.
Visual Studio 15 features:
Visual Studio 15 What’s new ??. Some of the features are listed below.
- Visual Studio 15 not 2015 is a new latest Microsoft compiler now cares about your resources and will let you install only the development environment in which you want to work.
- This new approach may limit your coding when you want to code in C# and C++ simultaneously if you made a mistake to miss either one or other option selection during installation.
- Use very fewer resources of your PC if you didn’t make multiple options selection and try to be specific during installation.
- Works best with Windows 10 not only because it released in previews just like Windows 10 but it released at the time when Windows 10 was fully functional by Microsoft and its adopted positively by many Windows users.
- User Interface look will trace back to VS 2010 but is faster and efficient.
Visual Studio 15 Technical details:
- Software Full Name: vs_bootstrapper
- Setup File Name: vs_bootstrapper.exe
- Setup Type: Offline Installer file
- Architecture: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- visual studio 15 release date: 22 Aug 2016
- Visual Studio Enterprise license: Free Trial
- Developers: Visual Studio “15” Homepage
Visual Studio 15 System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 Sp1/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB minimum of RAM required 4 GB recommended.
- Hard Disk Space: 1 GB to 40GB of free space required, depends on how much features you want.
- Processor: Dual Core or later.
Visual Studio 15 Free Download:
You can Get the Microsoft (MS) VS 15 free download with the setup with all products from here. Just click on the download button and free download ms vs 15 setups.
MS Visual Studio 15 Download free preview 4